Sunday, February 5, 2012

Watch Those HSTs - They Can Be Tricky!

I was hurrying a bit while sewing this month's block for the Home on the Range BOM.  It was cold in the shed and I wanted to return to a warm fire soon as possible!  Anyway, I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to my sewing and I ended up with a block unit that looked like this:
instead of like this:


Needless to say, I spent more time than usual last month frog-stitching (rip-it, rip-it)!  When all was finished correctly, like this:

I decided to play with my accidental design in Electric Quilt to see what it would look like.

Hmm.  Interesting light and shadow effect.  Not my usual everything-perfectly-symmetrical block, but it's still a pleasing design.  Does it deserve a name of its own?  I don't know.  For now, it's just Bucking Bronco Variation.

No comments: