Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wreath Project: Progress and Revisions

I finished the four center blocks for my wreath yesterday.  Thanks to strip-piecing methods, these blocks worked up fairly quickly despite the little 1-inch finished squares.

Next, I started on the eight outer blocks of the wreath.  Ugh, it took an hour just to mark eight strips in preparation for the 90-degree points!  At this rate, I would be lucky to finish the top before Christmas.  So I went back to the drawing board and simplified my design.

No more points!  I began piecing my leftover green strips of various lengths to neutral strips of whatever length needed to make 8.5 inch strips.  This is going much faster.  If I had the whole day tomorrow just to sew, I could actually finish most of this project before Thanksgiving.  But I don't, so maybe I'll finish it up on Friday.

No comments: