Friday, November 21, 2014

New Project Started

Today didn't go quite as planned.  I did get the turkey wall hanging hung on my mom's wall.  And I did try canned diced tomatoes on my sandwich: not bad, but not great...better than store-bought fake tomatoes but still not as good as the real homegrown tomatoes (I used English muffins as my bread so the tomatoes wouldn't make a soggy mess).  But I didn't dig out my Christmas fabric stash.

Instead, I got a little sidetracked and worked up a wreath design in EQ based on one that I saw on the internet from Quiltmaker.  I don't know how closely my design resembles the original because my computer is set to display graphics with as little detail as possible so they'll load faster.  All pictures on the internet look sort of watery and out of focus, kind of like looking at reflections on a lake without wearing my eyeglasses, so I use my imagination and guess what things really look like.  This is what I came up with:

I've been wanting to make a wreath wall hanging for quite some time, so this afternoon, I dug out my small pieces (less than a FQ) of green fabrics and cut a bunch of 1.5-inch strips.  Tomorrow, I'll start making the 4-patch units for the center part of the wreath.  I'm probably crazy, but I'd like to get this project done by Thanksgiving.  Yeah, I'm crazy!

No comments: