Once my hands thawed out, I started sorting through a drawer of Christmas fabric I had stored over there and had completely forgotten about. More surprising was the discovery of two works-in-progress: a table runner and the beginnings of a one-patch topper. I remember the fabrics in these projects quite well, but I have no real memory of sewing these projects. Finding them is kind of like finding unexpected gifts!
Here's a section of the table runner. All it needs, besides a good pressing, is a border of some kind and then it can be sandwiched, quilted and bound!
This scan shows about half of the one-patch project. I must have been cutting scraps from other projects into 4.5-inch squares and sewing them together as I went. This little WIP now has 5 rows across and 5 rows down -- not really big enough for much of anything. I think I'll just continue adding rows to it log cabin style until it's either big enough for something or I run out of scraps. I'll probably meet the former before the latter!