Monday, December 29, 2014

Making Plans for 2015

Another Christmas has come and gone and I'm still working on little Christmas projects.  I started making tree ornaments years ago for gifts, a different ornament each year.  My plan this year was to crochet little birds, but I couldn't find the right weights of yarn in the right colors.  I already had red and white yarn, so my plan changed to little red stockings with white trim.  I tried three patterns before finding one I liked -- almost.  I'm still tweaking it to make the stocking I'm envisioning.  And I'm still crocheting dishcloths for a friend who really likes crocheted dishcloths.  I'm seriously thinking that I need to work on these little Christmas projects every month of the year instead of waiting until October!  (Part of my problem this year was uncooperative dogs who plopped in my lap every time I pulled out a ball of yarn -- aren't cats supposed to do that?)

We have another blast of arctic weather scheduled to arrive tonight and stay until Saturday.  I'll be staying at my mom's house finishing up crochet projects and working at the computer.  No sewing until the freezing weather returns to the arctic.  That gives me time to make plans for 2015.  On my list so far:
1. make Christmas gifts throughout the year
2. try a stained glass quilting technique
3. get to work on some of the design ideas I have in my notebook
4. keep searching for better internet service

So what's on your list for 2015?

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

I want to get some UFO's completed this year and make a couple of your BOM's like the dog and cat. Plus I love the cowboy motif. Thanks so much. Have a wonderful productive New Year. Cathryn