Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Another Abandoned Project Found

My internet speed has been even slower than usual the last few days.  Do you suppose Cyber Monday shoppers have been causing traffic jams in cyberspace? 

I found another little work-in-progress that I had forgotten all about.  My brain is starting to dredge up a few memories about these projects.  I was working on them at my mom's house several years ago when I had a little table there for sewing.  When the pellet stove was installed, I lost my little sewing space.  Everything was hurriedly packed up and over the years I just forgot about them.  Every winter since, I try to find a way to carve out a little space for a sewing machine, but no success yet.  Maybe this will be the magic winter.

I'm not sure where I was heading with the little candy cane project above.  What you see is all there is of it, just eight little 3-inch square-in-a-square blocks.  I still have a yard of the light and about 1/4 yard of the dark fabric, but I'm not real keen on making more of these blocks.  Maybe it'll become a mini row sampler of some kind.  Or maybe it wants to be a towel hanger or the bodice of an apron.  Any other ideas?

No comments: