Saturday, February 26, 2011

Brrr, It's Cold!

15 degrees F is just plain too cold, especially if you live in a travel trailer.  Even with three fleece blankets, a quilt and four cats piled on me last night, and the electric oil-type heater on, I could feel the cold.  If it hadn't been for the fleece curtains I made last summer for the window by my bed, I'm sure we'd all have felt like popsicles this morning.  Making curtains out of blanket fleece was the best idea I had for 2010!

At 9:30 this morning, Goosey knocked on my door with her beak, telling me she wanted food and water.  The snow is still covering the grassy areas, so she's been eating bread and sneaking cat food the last few days (she's a picky goose and refuses to eat feed grain).  I could put more bread out for her, but there was nothing I could do about the water - it was still only 24 degrees out.  I did see her pecking at the snow, so she isn't totally without drinking water.  She just doesn't have any for bathing and playing in.  Although it warmed up to 35 today, the ice and snow have not melted.  It's supposed to get warm enough to rain tomorrow, so maybe Goosey will finally get some water.

No comments: