Friday, September 12, 2014

Someday, I'll Find It!

Last week didn't go as planned.  Too many times getting in and out of a car caused my hip bursitis to flair up, so I had to slow down, sit in overstuffed chairs and work on my knitting and crochet projects.  I have a redwork project in progress, too, but it got put away somewhere last fall and I haven't seen it since. Someday, I'll find it.

This week, my internet speed has been crawling even more slowly than usual.  It's so frustrating that I don't even want to try going online most of the time.  There has to be a solution to this other than moving to the asphalt jungle.  Someday, I'll find it, too.

Meanwhile, I'm slowly progressing on my stack of half-square triangle (HST) units.  Trimming them all to the proper size is not my favorite part of the quilt-making process, but I've had little success with the method of cutting the triangles to exact size first then sewing them together -- I end up with too many HSTs that are too small and then I have to cut more triangles and sew more HSTs.  So, I stick with the more time-consuming method of cutting larger triangles, sewing them together, then trimming  them to size.  In the long run, I actually save time and fabric!

I'm hoping to get back online tomorrow to post instructions for HSTs, but Saturdays can be a bit tricky to predict -- too many unexpected things happen on Saturdays.

No comments: