But no one bats a thousand. I recently unearthed a small wall hanging UFO that had to be laundered before it could be completed (somebody's muddy paw prints!). When it came out of the dryer, I faced an unpleasant surprise: one fabric, the one I had used for sashing the blocks, had shrunk. Groan!
Since it's a simple seasonal wall hanging for Halloween, I debated just finishing it with puckers and all. Strategically placed quilting would have camouflaged a great deal. But as I studied it, I decided that I really didn't like that pumpkin fabric anymore (tastes change over the years). So I dug out a seam ripper and took everything apart while "watching" a tv show. Then I decided to take a detour from my Valentine fabric project and get this UFO finished before this Halloween. I dug through my stash for other fabric possibilities, spent several days testing this combination and that combination (while sewing heart fabric HSTs), and finally settled on two fabrics for a border and binding without any sash.