Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales

I did not purchase any fabric this weekend.  Nor did I purchase any batting, rotary blades, needles, sewing machine, or anything else quilt related.  I almost got through the entire sales period without buying a thing!  Almost.  My downfall was finding a bread maker for half-price at a local store.

For many years, I've resisted getting a bread maker.  But I had a strange reaction to the pain relief medication prescribed after my fall in October and since then many things have tasted funny.  The worst has been store-bought bread, which now tastes very bitter to me.  I'd hoped this strange effect would go away with time, but it's been 6 weeks since I quit taking the med and bread still tastes horrible.  Thinking it might be the preservatives and so forth that I'm now tasting, I decided it was worth the gamble of buying a bread maker.  I plan to test it out tonight.  If nothing else, the home baked bread will be healthier and probably less expensive.

If you haven't noticed yet, there's a new Sundrop Critter on my website.

No comments: