It's still Saturday here on the west coast, so I'm squeaking in under deadline even though most of you have called it a day and tucked yourself under a quilt. My dial-up internet service was being quite cranky today and disconnecting every 5-30 minutes. When your modem works at 24K, 5 minutes is barely enough time to even log on!
Anyway, on to the project! Here's a shot of the novelty fabric I've chosen for this project.
The copyright for my Chained Star block currently belongs to Quiltmaker so I can't give you instructions for making the block for at least another 6 months when the copyright returns to me. While we wait for the 100 Blocks issue to go on sale (May 10), I'll share some of my pre-sewing process with you. First, I pulled coordinating fabrics from my stash. I settled on a red with white dots, a yellow with tiny black and white butterflies (I think that's what they are) and a black with white "chalk" drawings.
Next, I used Electric Quilt software to play with the colors, and I found even more ways to color this block!